Another Episode of Things I’ve Learned:
- BabyQ may be a girl [per the ultrasound tech] … or a boy [per the rather emphatic lady on the elevator at work the other day and per my mother-in-law’s tarot card reader].
- BabyQ likes popsicles. A lot. And pancakes. And any other breakfast food. Except sausages – those are gross.
- BabyQ takes up an inordinate amount of space and, for some reason, not only in my gut, but in my ankles and neck as well.
- Pre-babyQ, forgetting to wear my rings made for oh-so interesting and innuendo-filled lunch time outings [in my head, anyway]. Now, since it’s just plain impossible to wear my rings, it’s not so exciting.
- Pants, regardless of how much elastic is in the waistband, suck.
- Simply because of the presence of babyQ, people no longer believe me when I say I’m feeling fine. So, I’m forced to fake extra exhaustion.
- BabyQ has been known to party for hours on end in the middle of the night … but only when I’m already really, really tired and don’t need to fake extra exhaustion.
- Finally, and most disturbingly, babyQ is growing such that my belly button is no longer centered, but off to the right.
And, as of today, I have roughly six more weeks to learn new things before they all become redundant with the grand finale of the Impending Birth. But, then, maybe my belly button will go back where it belongs.