So, here I am, finally getting to the meme from Random Musings! I had a few ideas in mind, but it actually has taken me this long to settle.
Here’s the deal:
- Read the quotes in the list.
- Read the last quote on the list closely, and choose a quote that somehow builds off one of the central ideas or values in the quote–critiques it, extends it, turns a good joke on it, whatever.
- Type or paste your quote at the bottom of the list, and link to the blog of the person you’re following.
- Tag someone else. Or someones else.
And here are the quotes:
- Ideals are very important in one’s life. Without ideals you cannot move – whether you achieve them or not is immaterial. But one must try and approximate them. –His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- You shall know the truth, and it shall make you odd. –Flannery O’Connor (re: Changa)
- Truth is more of a stranger than fiction. – Mark Twain re: bodhibound
- …how can you measure the life of a woman or man? In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried. In bridges he burned, or the way that she died. – Jonathan Larson, Rent (re: Random Musings)
Interested? Add your quote to the list and leave me a comment to let me know!